[AMRadio] Get Ready for 15 meters

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Oct 26 09:32:03 EDT 2009

> From: "Mike Duke, K5XU" <k5xu at comcast.net>
>
> It's funny how the bands almost always open for contests.
>
> Today, 15 meters was filled with strong ssb signals from the bottom up
> to above 21.350.
>
> The upper end was not nearly as crowded.

I suspect the bands are open a  lot more than we think, but if everyone
assumes the band is closed or waits for someone else to call CQ and no-one
transmits,  no signals will be heard and the band WILL  sound dead

I often hear multiple CW beacons chirping away at the bottom end of the
"dead" 10m band.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/