[AMRadio] Get Ready for 15 meters

jon baker ad5hr1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 10:38:18 EDT 2009

    Mike and Don,
   I am a relay and N.C.S. in the Pacific Maritime Mobile
  Service Net. We meet 365.25 days a year from 22:00 to
  24:00Z on 21.412.
   Being there nearly daily for eight years, I have found
  the band open most days, but prop. can be very spotty.
   The last six weeks or so 15M  has improved, due to a few
  more points on the solar flux index. We get daily check-
  ins from our relays in Japan and Mindanao. Stateside, the
  first-hop range varies from as short as 600 miles to as
  long as 2500 mi.
   Listen on 21.150 for the worldwide beacons, 18 stations
 around the globe, and in three minutes listening you will
  know where it's open. Most days, I have a solid path to
   W4-land, AZ,OR and W6, as well as the DX.
   I've worked a dozen or so AM rigs, the AM "watering -
  hole" seems to be 21.420, triple-up my 7140 rock up to
  15M?, sounds like fun as it is a GREAT band for low to
  med. power rigs.
   I'll be listening for y'all on 21.420.

     de AD5HR
       Jon