[AMRadio] Open vs Closed QSOs

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Tue Oct 27 22:37:24 EDT 2009

Tough one Don!
I used to enjoy those massive 40 meter round tables in the past, but think
most guys kept the transmissions short.
I try and remember to keep the transmissions short as the group gets bigger,
but don't always remember....

I LIKE long transmissions in a one on one as it gives time to go up and make
some tea or burn one, get a snack, etc.

I often hear what I consider to be rude behavior when one guy makes a 15
minute transmission about not much with a big group waiting.
Some guys just like to talk, and are not that big on listening.

But that's AM, if people break in and tie up the frequency, you can be sure
you will be talking to whoever again before to long...

There are a lot of different people on AM.....

Brett