[AMRadio] Open vs Closed -expanded

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:37:14 EDT 2009

Good point, Ken. But if you disprove your own argument, you then have
nothing to rant about.

You know, as much as I avoid the AM ghetto/window area since the phone
band expansion, I do miss the nights we'd get on there and have fun.
You'd inevitably come out of the woodwork at some point and join in,
the problem children with their digital gate drives or Jack Daniels
having gone away earlier. I just don't recall having the problems then
that get propagated online now.

In fact, you always come up at some point in the conversation at
hamfests for not only always being out there listening, but for those
wonderful audio clips on your site. The Stu/Irb showdown is always a
favorite, how Irb was playing Stu like a fiddle yet Stu was being so
'smart' telling Irb off. Lately the favorite has been Terry 'PFY's
rant about jammers where he roams in and out of conscious thought,
from cursing to using the word 'butt' (apparently so as not to offend
anyone), and the off-the-wall analogies or comparisons he makes. Joe,
Steve, and I got some great mileage out of that during Shelby, even on
the drive home. It's just so damned funny what an odd group we are,
yet the best stuff always happens on the air.

People seem to miss that fact more and more these days. I really need
to get the other wires up for 80 and 160 before I spend all winter in
here instead of on the air!

73 -

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4