[AMRadio] Open vs Closed -expanded

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:04:38 EDT 2009

I agree it's good to listen but if I did a lot of that I'd never have
a QSO.  I usually get an hour here and there a couple times a week to
operate, if the wx is okay and if nothing else is going on, so when I
get everything fired up I want to make hay.

It's funny about contact and break.   As long as I can remember,
"contact" was the standard way of getting recognized in a directed
voice net.   To me, "break" is a CB thing.   "contact" is okay in a
directed net; but I find it a little too formal for a ragchew
roundtable--I just blurt out my call sign.

73

Rob
K5UJ