[AMRadio] Hallicrafters R-12 speaker

bbruhns at erols.com bbruhns at erols.com
Fri Sep 4 19:25:17 EDT 2009

In speaker system design, there are optimum combinations of driver and enclosure.  This may or may not be the optimum driver for this enclosure.  There are complex driver parameters that can allow an analysis to determine the optimum enclosure characteristics.  The basic issue is the acoustic match at the bottom end - does it boom, is it going to be thin sounding, what will the frequency response extend, etc.  Of course there is also the power handling issue.  Before spending a lot of money for the driver, I recommend that these issues be considered.

   Bacon, WA3WDR