[AMRadio] Hallicrafters R-12 speaker

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Fri Sep 4 21:43:51 EDT 2009

That makes it just about right   Our 10 oz are
rated at 40 watts...We use them in a 70V config
with a max of 15 watts...With a good can they
sound great...Speakers with no backing are CRAP...
That is why enclosure is so important...My Shack
speaker is an original 15 inch Jensen with a 20 lb
magnet. It was the first coax speaker Jensen
made... It is in a blonde Jensen box that has 2
inches of sound deadning material and is bass
ported in the rear. This make SW BROADCAST sound
like a dream...

Bob W1PE