[AMRadio] SP600 Question

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Sep 14 11:43:46 EDT 2009

Hi Don,

How about those vintage Johnson Ranger & Viking transmitters with all of the
"classic" hi-fi audio mods done on them by the latest & greatest AM
ghuru(s)...?

...And I do NOT mean mods that might entail a simple increase in capacitor
value here, the removal of a bypass capacitor there, etc. etc.---I mean the
whole enchelada, where some current "expert" corrected the "faults" of the
original Johnson engineer by (literally) completely gutting & re-building
the entire audio section, from beginning to end...!

...And then they peddle these abominations as "classic" rigs...

It's like dropping a Chevy V-8 into a '32 Ford, & selling it as a "vintage /
classic" car---hardly! And you are right-on: such butchery DOES (IMHO,
anyway) detract from any possible re-sale value of something that has
morphed into someone else's "ideal" personal creation...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3xZ

You know the mods I meanAU