[AMRadio] SP600 Question

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Mon Sep 14 12:47:39 EDT 2009

From:           	"Jim Wilhite" <w5jo at brightok.net>

> my message is think about what you are doing before taking the clippers to a radio.

Ah ha! A little unintended "double entendre" there for sure!

The CLIPPERS in these transmitters are one of the MAIN reaosns
why people modify them! To get rid of some of the distortion!

I can only speak for the Valiant that I restored,
BUT let me tell you - it did make a HUGE improvement in audio
reports from other guys receiving me when I bypassed that darn
6AL5 recitifier (clipper) plum OUT of the audio chain (grin!)

Yes, a nasty clipper circuit indeed. Maybe nobody was using them properly.
I dunno...

YMMV - 73, Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K