[AMRadio] Mena Hamfest Photos

WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:12:02 EDT 2009

For those who know about the yearly Mena Hamfest on Rich Mountain, in
Arkansas, I've posted some 120 or so photos of the two day event.  Not much
in the way of equipment, but a lot of faces some might know from around
these parts.  It was a lot of fun, but foggy and a lot of rain on Saturday.
I was not in the buying mode, but did see quite a few old boatanchors.  A
very good friend and "used to be" AM'er from years ago won the grand prize.
A brand new Yaesu FT-950.  Not a real AM rig, but I think I've heard they do
pretty good for a rice box.

Anyway, even with the rain, the fest was a success with about 2000 (over the
two days) from all surrounding states and some others.  The fog is always
expected on Rich Mountain.

Go to http://w5ami.net and look right at the top for the link to the
gallery.

73