[AMRadio] SX-28 Cabinet wrinkle finish - in progress...

WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:39:49 EDT 2009

Hey Todd,

Yes, it's Krylon wrinkle.  I've found that the thicker you can lay it on,
the better the wrinkle.  In order to do that, I've had to paint one side at
a time, keeping the target flat so it won't run.  It's working great except
the lid on this case has something embedded in the metal that has given me
grief.  I noticed it when I primed it.  Will not take an even coat no matter
what I do, as if it's wanting to repel the paint.  It's only the lid and
that's what puzzles me.  I will get it best I can, but I can see the lid
will not be what I wanted.  Oh well, it will look much better than it did.

73
Brian / wa5am