[AMRadio] SX-28 Cabinet wrinkle finish - in progress...

John Cox jecox at keinet.net
Tue Sep 15 14:03:53 EDT 2009

Bill,
 Are you ok?
I think that you may have had a brain fart right there in the middle of your
message.

I am redoing the Par-Metal cabinet that my 50's 813 rig goes in and sprayed
the base with Rust-oleum 7220 textured  black paint.
It came out looking like the finish on my 32V2 cabinet. Darker black but
pretty much the same texture.
 Not wrinkle by any means.
 I used a belt sander on one of the three panels and discovered that they
are any thing but flat.  I guess that the wrinkle and textured finishes of
old were used to hid the blemishes.

73, John
Kc0yai  Soon to be back to k6hsg