[AMRadio] Ham mods (was Re:SP600 Question)]

WA5VGO hbrnut at suddenlink.net
Tue Sep 15 15:02:53 EDT 2009

Jim,

You stole my thunder. Negative feedback is a very effective way of reducing
distortion and smoothing frequency response. It was used in the Ranger to
reduce the effective plate resistance of the 1614's so that it would work
well as a speech amplifier for a larger modulator (such as the 810's
in  the Johnson Kilowatt).

Darrell, WA5VGO