[AMRadio] AM Transmitter "quality"

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Sep 15 15:41:51 EDT 2009

On 15th September, Grant wrote:

"...Bad just sounds bad, not to mention the fact that all cellular has
really done is kill our "old fashioned" expectations of  what phone service
should be. We now fully accept glitchy, noisy and totally unreliable service
at an absurd price as the norm ..."

************************************

A most interesting and astute observation you've made there, Grant...!

"Quality" seems to have yielded to "quantity" in so many facets of our
electronic life: you've made an excellent example of cell phone service---I
absolutely can NOT stand to talk anyone using those %^$#& things! You have
to repeat yourself umpteem times, there's a momentary delay in the
transmission, there are echoes, ad nauseam...

Ditto the "hi-fi" quality of the ipod set / MP3 players / etc. (or WHATEVER
the heck this junk is called). People seem to be so absorbed with themselves
listening to these devices that fidelity means zip / zero / nada to them
anymore...

Maybe Lenin was right when he said, "Quantity has a quality all its own."

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ