[AMRadio] Ham mods (was Re:SP600 Question)]

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Tue Sep 15 20:04:00 EDT 2009

I always thought the fun part was improving things.

I have KT88's as modulators in my 32V3, no driver transformer, and VR tube
regulated screen voltage.

I guess a lot of the sound is in the operators voice, the best stock audio I
ever heard was an old sure 55s plugged into a stock 32V.
If I did that, I sound nasty, but the guy (don't remember who) sounded
fantastic.

Brett