[AMRadio] 40M

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 11:47:50 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, <HDale77067 at aol.com> wrote:

> Where is the AM activity on 40M these days. I listen to 7160 and 7290.
> Occasionally hear stns on 7290.  Hal,  WB4AEG

Plenty of activity out there most days and nights, Hal. The trick is to
actually call CQ rather than simply listening for someone else. We've seen
this reoccurring theme on AMfone as well.If everyone decides to wait for
someone else to start the party, there will be a lot of dead air.
Fortunately a good number of folks call CQ, but they can't be on the air
24/7.

Throw out a call or two. You're bound to find some other folks who are
'listening around'.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4