[AMRadio] 40M

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Sep 21 11:11:04 EDT 2009

You are correct Todd, that is precisely what I meant.  There are several
groups like this scattered around mostly in the lower part of the phone
segment.  I have had run ins with them not only on AM but SSB.  Rod,
amateur radio is not an intercom now does anyone own a frequency as Todd
says.  Rather it is a hobby in which all stations have rights to
transmit anywhere they do not interfere with on-going communications.
If I have listened for 1-5 minutes and do not hear anyone talking, the
frequency is fair game.  And given my AM receiver has greater bandwidth
than the SSB rig, I will hear someone 1-2 Kc away.

Do not let them intimidate you, I don't and they will try.

Jim/W5JO