[AMRadio] Microphone recomendation

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Mon Sep 21 11:51:10 EDT 2009

Hi Jerry... I have 2 heil PR-40 mics that I use on
Am... These have tremendous low end. I have a
GATES BC1G Broadcast xmtr that off course can take
the low end... I use a Radio Design labs mixer
with their parametric EQ and a URIE Limiter.
Everyone one says it sounds as good as some of the
best AM Radio stations in north Texas. The mic is
not cheap... WB0W discounts it from the Heil
Retail at around $299.00   The PR40 was the mic
used for all the cannon shots in the movie Letter
from Iwo Jima  ( Spelling not correct)I have also
used the EV RE10 but prefer the Heil... Good luck
and if I can be of any help yell at me. Audio is
my favorite part of Ham Radio...I really do not
know if the KW1 will pass that low end without
mods...

Very Best 73's,
Bob W1PE
Mesquite,TX