[AMRadio] Microphone recomendation

WB5OXQ at grandecom.net WB5OXQ at grandecom.net
Mon Sep 21 13:17:04 EDT 2009

I use a Heil GM-4 hand mike on am and ssb.  I also have a deep voice
and used to be in radio broadcasting.  The Heil wide element has a
freq response of 60-16k with a bump at 2k to improve intelligence
while still having a good low end.  The mike also has the Heil high
freq element with a switch to change into it if needed.  I never use
the high element only use the full range.  I get excellent audio
reports on am and ssb.  I am using a Kenwood TS-2000.