[AMRadio] 40M

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 13:32:45 EDT 2009

Hi Todd,

Well I certainly apologize to Jim for the misunderstanding, and I did
forget about these dead air groups.   This reminds me of once, years
ago, when I asked if the frequency was in use somewhere on 75 meters
and an unidentified voice said, "frequency's in use.  qso going on
right now."   I heard nothing.  Then another voice, also unidentified
said, "There's no qso going on; go ahead and call CQ."  Then the first
voice, "QSO going on right now."   Then I said something like "This is
K5UJ, QRZ?"    "QSO going on; you have to go somewhere else."   Then
two or three hams came out of the woodwork all saying there was no QSO
and we wound up working each other and whoever it was (he never
identified) had to get together with is friends somewhere else but it
was explained to me that he was probably trying to "reserve the
frequency" for some bunch coming along later.   How about that.   My
problem is I don't get home early enough to get anything going on 40
meters before the band opens up wide.

73,

Rob K5UJ