[AMRadio] Microphone Recommendation

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Mon Sep 21 14:47:07 EDT 2009

I can answer that question...Any mic that will
stand up to a Rock band like the EAGLES and being
on the road tour like the Eagles do and many other
groups like Frampton then it will stand up to a Jr
DJ... The PR40 is used on drums all the time and
in the film industry...John  BXO mentioned the
GoldLine dual and never using the narrow
side...Then what you need to use is the PR-20...
That is the SM81 changeover but again sounds
better for less money....So why spend the extra
money but a PR-20... Now Steve mentioned the
PR-35... That is one that I have not tried but
need to...I guess guys there is another way to
look at all this and here it is...EV came about
for Ham Radio and owned by a Ham...That company
went 100% to the Broadcast and entertainer market
to Market no longer to Hams the same as Shure
does...

Bob Heil started as a ham is still an active ham
and always will be. He looks out for the Amateur
Market and always will as that is his roots and he
believes in us. He and Chip and Joe Walsh are
always striving to give us hams what we want and
do that very well so we need to support him and
his company... Can you call EV and talk to the
owner  NOT can you call Heil and talk to the
OWNER??? Darn right... Bob will take your call
answer your questions and yak about DX or Audio...
Do you see the others sending tons of mics free on
DX Peditions...NOT... Just my pennies worth and I
have no financial interest in Heil Sound except
for a good friend of Bob's...

Very Best 73's,
Bob W1PE
Mesquite,TX