[AMRadio] Microphone recomendation

Stevan A. White w5saw at pathwayz.com
Mon Sep 21 15:28:16 EDT 2009

Earlier, in my enthusiasm for Heil mics I failed to mention (except at
the end of my post) that I like and still use Shure mics.  The 55S and
737A are good hi-Z mics as are the Shure 585SD, 565SD, and 545SD (all
dual-Z) and the E-V 664 which was a very popular podium mic in the 60s
and 70s.  I have an old E-V 664 which I plan to restore and use in my
ham station.  It too can be wired for either hi-Z or lo-Z.  Take a look
at http://www.coutant.org/contents.html for information on a lot of
different mics.

73 de W5SAW, Steve White