[AMRadio] Mic recomendation for rig

Gerald Stockinger cliogunsmith at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 21 16:08:17 EDT 2009

Good Afternoon and thanks to all that replied and there were many. When
the name Shure 55 came up I went and looked and sure enough I had one
upstairs in the closet. Bob W0YVA uses one and he runs it into the phone
patch jack which  is 600 ohms. So that is a place to start. Many
suggested the EV 664. I have one of those but it might need a new
cartridge. As for a new mic many had good things to say about the Heil
PR line and I might try a PR30 at some later date. To Paul VJB my rig is
stock and I am looking into that. Todd my KW-1 is s/n 115 so I think
that is somewhat later. Supposedly there were 150 plus two prototypes
made. I have the whole set of Electric radio and will explore #23 & # 54
tonight. Bob W0YVA has sent me info on jumping out the clipper and
eliminating the splatter choke. I have some cap changes from him as well
and I will consolidate all this info so when I do it I only have to pull
the audio deck once. The last time my Doctor was inside of me he fixed
three hernia's. If I create any more I will catch  hell from him. He is
a personal friend and saved me from Colon Cancer about two years ago and
watches me like a mother hen. So one time out for the audio deck has to
get everything. Again thanks to everyone that responded to my inquiry
with your thoughts, suggestions, and just the spirit of camaraderie that
I have enjoyed throughout my 52 years in ham radio.  73
Jerry K9GOZ