[AMRadio] Mic recomendation for rig

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:16:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Gerald Stockinger <
cliogunsmith at centurytel.net> wrote:

> So one time out for the audio deck has to
> get everything.

That's smart thinking, Jerry. I've had mine out a number of times doing
different stages of work which could have been accomplished in one sitting
with better planning.

My suggestion would be to do a complete re-cap while it's out. Pay special
attention to the two electrolytics clipped to one side as at least one of
these is important to the audio driver bias circuit. This overall circuit is
one of the few under built sections of the transmitter and deserves a bit of
attention while you're at it. There are a few caps and other small
components up in the RF sections, but the bulk of your problem children are
in the audio deck. AES sells great Twist-Lok filter can replacements for it
as well as Sprague Atom electrolyitics.

Looking forward to hearing you on the air once it's ready to roll. Mine
(#89) is currently down with a HV problem, but I hope to have it back online
soon.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4