[AMRadio] Microphone recomendation

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:26:21 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jim Tonne <tonne at comcast.net> wrote:

> The discussion had seemingly gotten into a "runaway" mode
> where folks were telling everyone how to make the input
> impedance super duper high.  I just sat here shaking
> my head and wondering why   :-)

Even more odd since the original question was specific to the KW-1
transmitter and its associated circuits. I settled on a 4.7 meg resistor in
my 'updates' which seems to fit my voice well (more midrange than bass). I
think folks got focused more on the pros ad cons of the crystal D-104 which
is intentionally a bit peaky. The best thing you can do with the preamp
versions is bypass the preamp in most cases. The unamplified pre-CB model is
the one to look for.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4