[AMRadio] Microphone recommendation

Gerald Stockinger cliogunsmith at centurytel.net
Tue Sep 22 13:09:10 EDT 2009

Since the drift of the thread has gotten on to the pro's and con's of
the D104 I have another question. I have used the D104 in the
unamplified style for about 40 years and was always been satisfied with
its performance on SSB with my voice driving it. I have two of the old
beasts here with the "G" stands in very good mechanical condition. The
only problem is that one is totally dead and the other sounds like a
drowning person calling for help from the bottom of a rain barrel. As
Rush would say they have both assumed rig temperature. Since Astatic is
no longer I would like to draw from the groups experience in rebuilding
these. I am aware of Heils rebuild kit but know nothing of how it works
out. Also are there other suppliers of replacement parts?

73
Jerry K9GOZ