[AMRadio] smart alec question

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:26:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM, rbethman <rbethman at comcast.net> wrote:

> Todd(1),
>
> I'm still stuck to higher freqs!  I refuse to "memorize" the pool!

Sounds like a self-inflicted injury to me. (o: I have the same problem on 80
where I'm only a lowly Advanced, but on 40 I'm an Extra. Go figure!

Just threw out a single round of CQs on 7290-91 (just for you, Bob) and had
a nice contact with Pat WB2ENI. He had a nice S9+10 signal with his DX-40.
We chatted about trains and the northeast, mostly steam engines like the Big
Boy and Steamtown which moved from VT to PA a number of years back.  We
signed just in time for RCI to sart dropping their carrier in there. Pat
mentioned trying to stir up some activity earlier, with no success.

So there ya go - 40ms in the afternoon, it really does work.

Todd (1),  KA1KAQ/4