[AMRadio] MCM Electronics digital multimeter for $2.99

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Sep 25 13:02:55 EDT 2009

> From: "Jim Isbell, W5JAI" <jim.isbell at gmail.com>

> When dealing with a small number of items, a high percentage profit is
> needed to make it worth the time.  If they bought 10 and sold them for
> a $6 profit, thats only $60 for a lot of gathering and distributing.
> Now if we were talking 100 items and all could be sold in one
> afternoon at the Hamfest, that would be a different story....maybe....
> But just 10 items which would probably take a couple of Hamfests to
> get rid of them all.  Thats a LOT of work for 60 bucks!
>
> Personally, I wouldn't do it just for dinner money!!

That's why I would much rather trade  radio stuff for other radio stuff,
rather than to try to sell for cash.  Inevitably, whenever I ask enough $$
to make a sale worth my while, someone thinks I am asking too much and
ripping the other person off.  All dollar(ette)s are exactly the same,
steadily lose buying power every day that passes, and will probably be gone
without a trace within weeks, if not days.  But if I can trade what I think
is a nice piece in exchange for a different piece that someone else thinks
is nice, and both of us are happy and we each have a unique item that we may
keep for years.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/