[AMRadio] AM 75- 80 meters

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:03:10 EDT 2009

what is this fascination with 3880 to 3885? last evening my s meter did not
fall below +20 tuning through that area and each side. there is no possible
way to have a QSO at times like that unless you are talking to your next
door neighbor!  I gave up and went to 3705, called cq for 30 minutes untill
dave w9ad ran across me.  I could find only three or four ssb stations
between 3.6 and 3.7.   the low end is almost not used, if it is not going to
be used the band might as well be changed back where it was.  And yes, I
know this has been brought up before, and yes I know there are generals, not
an excuse for most, a few hours with the license manual and you are an
extra. I talked with a 13 year girl a while back that was an extra!!   I
will be back on the low end tonight around 3.7 +or -15, maybe I can get a
ssb to respond.  Of course maybe it is just that no one wants to talk to
me!!   I have also been listening and calling on 7160 and 7290 for several
days without a nibble.    Just about ready to throw in the towel and get rid
of my junk. Bernie