[AMRadio] AM 75- 80 meters

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:01:27 EDT 2009

Brett,

Glad ur plasma qrm stays put.  the stuff like that I get seems to
slowly make its way up and down the band.  I am having fairly good
luck with one of those MFJ phase canceling boxes; it either eliminates
or attenuates a lot of junk.   DX Engineering makes a higher quality
product that does the same thing but I think through 360 degrees (the
MFJ covers a bit less range).  Mine has made some qsos go from
tolerable to pleasant.  Noise level usually drops a few S units when
its in and one of the best things is that because it is an analog
device there isn't any dsp type distortion.
Not an ad for MFJ but a plug for the method.  Timewave may make one
too.  Only reason I use the MFJ is that a guy had one new in box for
sale at Dayton 2 years ago for $70.

73

Rob K5UJ