[AMRadio] Extra Class License

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 27 14:50:28 EDT 2009

Bernie Said:
.....And yes, I know this has been brought up before, and yes I know there
are generals, not
an excuse for most, a few hours with the license manual and you are an
extra. I talked with a 13 year girl a while back that was an extra!!.....

NZ4O Says:
It really get's old hearing the Extra Class license denigrated on this email
list. I have a BS in Meteorology, an MS in Space Plasma Physics and an above
average IQ but could not memorize all of the answers to all of the questions
in the current Extra Class license question pool. I had to study and
understand the material over a period of a few months to pass the test on
the first try.

99.9% of the people that denigrate the current Extra Class question pool as
being so easy that the answers to the questions can be memorized in short
order, CAN NOT ACCOMPLISH THAT FEAT. Since the Morse code requirement was
reduced to 5 wpm and then ultimately to zilch (which I did not agree with)
the question pools have been toughened.

The average Extra Class ham that passed the written rest 10-20 years ago
could not pass the current exam without real study.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net

LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector:
NZ4O Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O Daily LF/MF/HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Forecast & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o3.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data In Graphic & Image Format:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm