[AMRadio] Extra Class License

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sun Sep 27 17:56:29 EDT 2009

I passed the General exam in 1957 mostly with waht I leaned in USAF Radar
Schaool and some reading in the ARRL handbook. We had to draw schematics and
work math problems. No multiple guess. We could use a sliderule for thos
problems in those days.

I took the Extra exam this year after being pushed by friends to do so. I
looked at the question pool twicwe then just took the test with what
knowledge i had. I got 80% correct. I personally think the current Extra
exam is a bunch of BS! Too much computer BS in it. My weak area was the
satalite stuff which I did not want to spend time learning since I will
never use it.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.