[AMRadio] Ham Radio Growing in the Age of Twitter

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 22:41:21 EDT 2010

On 4/6/2010 9:07 PM, Donald Chester wrote:
> Interestingly, the photo on the ATC web page shows a real homebrew amateur radio station from 1939, not a ricebox station full of plastic radios or a shack-on-a-belt.

Now that's pretty darn cool!   How many of todays yout' even get that
opportunity to develop respect for lethal high voltages ;-)

I know they are just using Twitter as an example of modern media, but I
just read an interesting statistic - 60% of Twitter users quit using it
after one month:

http://www.digidaydaily.com/stories/the-twitter-quitters-nielsen-rexamines-twitter-attrition/

Kinda puts those who bemoan the fate of ham radio into perspective.

73, Bob W9RAN