[AMRadio] Ham Radio Growing in the Age of Twitter

kj4hyd kj4hyd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:26:21 EDT 2010

On 4/7/2010 9:05 AM, AirRadio wrote:
> Maybe a further interesting addition to this surver should be,
>

> Was it a 'new technology' project i.e transistor /IC. Yes__X____   No___X___
>
> Was it a tube type 'old technology' project        Yes___X___  No_____
>
> Was it Home brew                   Yes____X___  No_____
>
> Kit                                       Yes __X__    No_____
>
> Repair of existing  gear   Yes__X___  No____
>
> Other...  Please state

I LOVE to restore Boat Anchors and well as work on Heavy Metal and Home
Brew equipment. Just this week, I repaired some Heathkit equipment,
worked on my Gates BC-500H, and last night, I was playing with my 1942
Vintage Crosley Broadcast radio. This Morning, I repaired a Module in
the Armstrong X1000B Transmitter at WCKI.

It is a RARE day that I don't solder something.

--
73,
Kevin Raper

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn