[AMRadio] retro 75

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 22:53:46 EDT 2010

Well, I did not try it on TX yet, as the modulator chip is backordered.
I do get 2.5 watts carrier out though.

I like designs with no rf amp before the mixer, that is what I do with the
homebrew receivers, and the retro does the same thing, the filter works
well, but without any agc, strong signals get a lot louder than weak ones
do.
I also have distortion on strong signals, not real bad but its there, but
maybe from the guys who modulate way over 100%, but I have to make some
tests...

Like some other kits I have built, I am always amazed at how well a small
handful of parts can work.

Brett