[AMRadio] Retro 75

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 11:12:49 EDT 2010

On 4/8/2010 7:14 AM, CL in NC wrote:
> This is a neat little rig, but I agree with the fellow who said he thought a 10 meter version would be great.
Another option for 10 is to convert an old CB rig.  I still have the one
Bob Heil put out that started with a surplus HyGain CB board and added
FM and other stuff.  Of course a crystal controlled rig would be easier
although less versatile, but there were lots of 1 to 5 watt handheld CBs
made.   73 magazine ran a number of articles back in the 70s under the
general heading of "CB to 10".

73, Bob W9RAN