[AMRadio] Ham Radio Growing in the Age of Twitter

kj4hyd kj4hyd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:41:07 EDT 2010

On 4/8/2010 10:27 AM, k5wlf wrote:
> Regrettably, the majority of hams these days are simply appliance operators, with little or no interest in or knowledge of, homebrew and DIY.

Recently, an Extra-Class Ham had this "Lowly General" install his
2-Meter Mobile in his car because he couldn't figure out HOW! How BAD is
that?

That is why about the ONLY times I get on 2-Meter FM is for ARES nets,
and SKYWARN nets. The rest of my air time is on 75 Meters and 160 Meters AM.

--
73,
Kevin Raper

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn