[AMRadio] Soldering, Me = Yes! Building, soldering and wiriing techniques?

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 8 17:23:19 EDT 2010

I've been following this thread and this post from John put me in mind of my first project back when I was 8-9 years old. It was a Neon Relaxation Code Practice Oscillator. The thing operated directly off the AC line with through a Selenium Rectifier. Dangerous as hell, but this was in the AC-DC 5 tube Superhet days. It's also where I learned what burning Selenium smelled like. Need I say more.

Now days I'm building fendish electronic thingies for other people and can't get enough time to work on my own projects like the Bauer 707 I have about half converted to 160-80-40 useage and Frankenmitter a 813 rig by W1TRF (what a great call for radio freaks) out of the '55 handbook but uses a Software Defined Radio for the VFO.

Bill AD5OL