[AMRadio] Old Call Books, 1956-59

H.L. hl at sfsu.edu
Thu Apr 8 22:39:09 EDT 2010

I would like to help a friend, Joseph Gillespie, who has forgotten
his call sign from many years ago.  All Joe can remember is that he
had a Novice license in 1955 or 1956 followed by a 5-year
"conditional license" from a test taken by mail and administered by a
high school teacher. He thinks the Novice license was issued in
Nampa, Idaho and the conditional license in Portland, Oregon.  I
don't have any Callbooks from the 1956 to 1959 era and would
appreciate help from anyone who does. Were these class of licenses
listed back then, and were listings alphabetical by last name or by
city?

73 Hal KK6HY  (TMC and  AM forever!)