[AMRadio] Ham Radio Growing in the Age of Twitter

Ted Gustafson ted.gustafson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 22:05:20 EDT 2010

This may be somewhat off topic so if you don't like it call my Mother. HI HI
I recall my Dad's standard reply to our request to try something new. "I'll
show you how to run it, this is not a toy so be careful and don't hut
yourself." You can learn quite a bit that way. Heck we rode our bicycles all
over the place (within a 5 mile radius) even go for a swim in the river with
NO LIFEGUARD and we would be gone all day "Just make sure your back in time
for supper." Oh and we didn't where helmets either. And if you where up to
no good one and one of the neighbors saw you they would grab you buy the
scruff of the neck and plumb you up and tell you to get home. Sometimes they
would call and tell your folks what you had been up to so when you got home
YOU where for it again not your neighbor for disciplining your Mothers
little boy. We had no cellphones but we had a party line. My Dad worked for
the railroad and if they wanted you home they would blow the car horn. One
long and two short blasts. That was the signal for the train crew to get
back on the train cause it was going to leave.  Has the world changed or
what?

Ted WB0TDV