[AMRadio] retro 75

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Fri Apr 9 22:40:55 EDT 2010

I did some signal tracing tonight, and found the 1 meg resistor off the
detector seems to be the cause of my excessive rx audio distortion.
Not sure if the fet detector (Q3) is bad or not, but with a 100k in place of
the 1 meg, the audio cleans up nicely. I still have plenty of gain.

I am not sure if anyone else is having distortion on the rx audio or not.

With the resistor changed, the receiver sounds very good, but the lack of
any agc makes the levels all over the place....

Brett