[AMRadio] retro 75

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 23:21:52 EDT 2010

Dave,
As a big home brewer, I tend to pick things apart...
Besides the lack of agc, the receiver really works well for such a low parts
count.

I received my modulator chip today, thanks, and installed it.
I got about 30% modulation with the led flashing, using an old electret
condenser microphone.

I changed some values around, and tried a small pot to set the modulation
levels, but am still working on it.
With the feedback loop open, its possible to get over 100% modulation, a
good sign!

The microphone sounds semi nasty, but very punchy, which is what you want
with low power.

Thanks for the fun kit!

Brett
N2DTS