[AMRadio] Ham Radio Growing in the age of Twitter

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 21:44:10 EDT 2010

A lot of guys can set up a station and operate the dials on the radio
fairly well but they can't operate the controls above the neck too well.
I often caan;lt undrestand someone's identification of their callsign,
and they do not know to use phonetics. May don't know the
standard phonetics so add to the problem.

Communicating is at least in part about exercising the skill of being
a verbal communicator. Some have bnevber had someone show them
the proper way to talk into a microphone and be heard, or how to
enunciate their words... some better elmering would have helped
some of them, but those who entered through the CB gate or were
2nd generation or third generation taught by former CBers while
they are great guys in most cases, have really missed out on a number
of important things like these.

YMMV - 73s - Bry, AF4K
Sanford, FL