[AMRadio] The Art of Ragchewing

johndtate at post.com johndtate at post.com
Mon Apr 26 00:26:41 EDT 2010

Very true Rob.  The band/conditions do have to support the armchair
type copy for a good ragchew.  The assumption is that these conditions
are satisfied.  I had some great ragchews on all of the HF bands at
some point or another.  It's a matter of finding another willing
station.  Ragchews do not HAVE to be limited to AM but that is what I
prefer and I have a feeling that most people on this list concur.  It
indeed IS the art of conversation.  This is a skill that comes more
naturally to some of us than others.  I also notice it depends on who
I'm in the QSO with.  It's does seem to be a dynamic between the
station involved.  I think that opening a dialog concerning the ragchew
will help at least some of us.  Surely it can't hurt!

73, John KX5JT