[AMRadio] The Art of Ragchewing

kj4hyd kj4hyd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:46:23 EDT 2010

On 4/26/2010 2:24 AM, Brian Zwiener wrote:
> The Harris is next to impossible to convert, and would be extremely inefficient and expensive to even run the filaments, not to mention it wants 120/208 3-phase power!

What model Harris is it? Sometimes you can get Rotary Phase Converters
cheap enough. They can also be modified to run on Single Phase Power. I
know where there is a MW-50 running on Single Phase.

I run a Harris Gates BC-500H myself. :-)
--

73,
Kevin Raper

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn