[AMRadio] Hot microphone

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Sun Aug 1 15:20:43 EDT 2010

 GA Mark,

I don't own the V-1 but I'm pretty sure the PTT circuit is the same as my 32V-2.  You should see ~122vdc on pin 2 of the mic connector.  This voltage is derived from the LV supply and passes to one side of the relay coil.  The other side of the relay coil is connected to pin 2 of the mic connector.  When a ground is applied by the microphone ptt switch, the relay operates and turns the HV on in either CW or AM mode.

Your rig is normal.  Just don't touch it pin 2 while the LV is "on".

73
Chuck
W4MIL

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have
not first taken away from someone else.