[AMRadio] OT: FCC pronouncement on I2R power measurement?

Nigel Holmes Holmes.Nigel at abc.net.au
Thu Aug 5 04:01:11 EDT 2010

Perhaps OT although it relates to AM bc transmitters...

Can anyone here point me to written evidence that FCC accepted an I squared R power measurement at the antenna for evidence of AM bc licence compliance, within a range of +/- 2% certainty.

Delta developed their CPB-1 bridge specifically to determine power levels to the satisfaction of FCC in the days when disputes with stations could not be easily resolved with power meters such as Bird now offer.  FCC must have made some pronouncements on the method.

73  Nigel VK3DZ

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.