[AMRadio] Desk mic on classic rig

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 23:01:41 EDT 2010

100% agree with the comment on hand mic on a large TX like a DX100.  That's like hooking a single axle 4X8 U Haul on the back of a Kenworth.
   I was so desperate as a broke teenager to use a desk mic on my DX60, I made a wood stand, with a pushbutton switch carved into the handle.  I had an old Wollensak recorder microphone, which for some reason, had a threaded hole in the bottom, and it screwed down nicely onto a 1/4 X 20 machine screw driven threads up into the wood pedestal.  The crystal element matched up well with that DX60, lot's of good 10 meter QSO's in the late 60's and early 70's.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC