[AMRadio] WTB - Six Meter AM Gear - was - 50.400 FT-243 Xtal (8400 kHz)

Howard Weinstein k3hw at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 17:43:00 EDT 2010

Hi Stu,

Congratulations on procuring the Heath "Sixer"! As of last week I am in search of a 6 meter AM rig!

Why? you may ask...

Well, Stephanie WX3K who lives near me in Northeast PA is trying to stir up some local interest on 6 AM just as you are doing down there in TX. I'd love to see that happen myself so in order to support her efforts I've got to get back on 6 AM.

Back in the 70's I was on 6 AM EVERYDAY after school and on Friday nights after the WEEKLY radio club meeting. The rest of my time was spent on 75 phone, 80 CW and 40 CW.

I'd like to procure a Heath SIXER, Lafayette HA-460 (w/drifty VFO), a UTICA 650 (remember them? chrone and guaranteed to shock you), an AMECO TX-62 and HAMMARLUND HQ-110A (w/VHF converter) combination, or how about a Gonset 6 meter "Gooney" Box painted yellow with a big CD (Civil Defense) sticker on it, maybe a Knight T-60, a Clegg 66er, or a Swan 250 - (have to insert a little carrier though for AM). Oh well, back to the subject at hand.

Does someone out there have a 6 meter AM rig they want to get rid of - if so drop me email direct.

Tnx es 73 de Howie K3HW