[AMRadio] D-104 modifications

Jim Wilhite w5jo at att.net
Fri Aug 27 22:29:21 EDT 2010

I just found the owner of Astatic following my last message.  In 2006 a
company called Barjan bought Astatic from Omnitronics.  Get this:

ROCK ISLAND, Ill.--May 25, 2006--Barjan LLC ("Barjan" or "the Company"),
the leading distributor of consumer products to travel centers, truck
stops, car washes and convenience stores today announced that it has
completed the acquisition of the Astatic Mobile Communications business
from Omnitronics, LLC. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Barjan LLC is a portfolio company of Monomoy Capital Partners.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/05/25/008535.html

So it seems as if Astatic has fallen into these people's hands.

http://www.barjan.com/estore/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=421

No more D 104s, now just hand mics with the Astatic name on them for the
trucker crowd.

Jim/W5JO